March 13, 2017
- An officer received a call of a dog running ar large on E. Second Street. A female caught the animal and brought it to the Madrid Police Department. An officer made contact with the owner and returned the dog.
- An officer received a call of a dog running at large in the 400 block of W. Second Street. The officer was unable to locate the animal.
- An officer contacted and left a message for someone to return a call regarding a trespass order from Kading Properties.
- An officer received a report of a theft. It was determined to be a civil issue between neighbors, and both parties were advised.
March 14, 2017
- An officer was dispatched to a welfare check on County Line Road. The person did not show up for work, and the employer was worried. Everything checked out okay.
- An officer received a call from a Madrid resident of a possible burglary in progress in the 600 block of Madison Street. The officer made contact with someone who was getting false information from a hook up app on his phone. The officer escorted the male out of town.
- An officer arrested and transported Kari Stewart of Woodward to the Boone County Jail regarding a Madrid warrant for possession of controlled substance and fifth-degree theft.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 200 block of N. Kennedy Street. The officer advised the driver of improper headlamps.
March 15, 2017
- An officer spoke to a couple in town from Madrid, Spain, and gave them directions to several points in our city.
- An officer received a call about a cat killing birds.
- An officer took possession of a bicycle that was found by several juveniles. The officer located the owner, who was advised to pick up the item at the Madrid Police Department.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 300 block of S. Kennedy Street regarding a stop sign violation.
March 16, 2017
- An officer spoke to a neighboring police department regarding sharing information on a theft case.
- An officer performed an unlock at Casey’s.
- An officer spoke with a male regarding an internet scam.
- An officer checked on a suspicious vehicle at Dollar General. The owner lives at the Meadow Estates and checked out okay. The officer informed the owner that the vehicle needed to be moved per management’s request.
March 17, 2017
- An officer took a report of a gas drive off from Casey’s. The officer will attempt to locate the person to pay for the fuel.
- An officer unlocked a vehicle for someone in the Dollar General parking lot.
- An officer assisted the Boone County Hospital regarding a medical call at the Cedars.
- An officer assisted someone at Casey’s regarding a seizure.
- An officer spoke to Boone County Deputy Sheriffs regarding information on several burglaries in Madrid over the past couple weeks.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 600 block of S. Main Street. The driver was warned for stopping on the travelled portion of a roadway while talking to a subject on a motorcycle.
- An officer took possession of two dogs found running in town. The officer returned the dogs to their owner.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 600 block of S. Kennedy Street. The driver was warned for stopping on a travelled portion of a roadway at the bike trail and Iowa Highway 17.
March 18, 2017
- An officer spoke with a woman regarding a civil issue.
- An officer assisted the Granger Police Department with a case involving a juvenile and a parent living in Madrid.
- An officer responded to Newton Road for a welfare check.
- An officer spoke with a male regarding evicting a roommate.
- An officer assisted Story County Deputy Sheriffs with locating a woman living in town and requesting she call their dispatch regarding a welfare check.
March 19, 2017
- An officer responded to the area of 21st and Market streets to investigate a report of a suspicious vehicle parked near the intersection.
- An officer performed an unlock on E. Third Street.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.