February 1, 2019
- Chien Doan of Perry was stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of 18th and McKinley streets when his vehicle was struck by a vehicle in front of him, driven by Perry Police Department Officer Caleb Wallace. Officer Wallace was waiting at the stop sign when he backed up to create extra space for a school bus to clear the intersection. Officer Wallace stated he checked his side-view mirror and rear-view mirror and did not see anyone behind him. No injuries were reported. Damage to Doan’s vehicle was estimated at $1,500, and damage to the Perry Police Department patrol vehicle was estimated at $500.
- Eric Sejnoha of Granger was traveling in the 19000 block of W Avenue when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
- Lori Van Meter of Adel was traveling in the 25000 block of 347th Street when two deer jumped out in front of her vehicle. Van Meter swerved to miss the deer, and her vehicle entered the ditch, striking a tree. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $7,000.
February 2, 2019
- Ekela Bikyeombe of Des Moines was traveling west in the 24000 block of Iowa Highway 141 when he lost control due to blowing snow and frost-covered roads, and his vehicle entered the median. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,000.
- Travis John Deaver, 38, of 20728 T Ave., Dallas Center, was arrested at this address for domestic abuse assault.
February 4, 2019
- Holly Marie Doyle, 43, of 2120 23rd St., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for harassment.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.