To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
Jan. 13, 2023
- Anthony Cortez of Clive was traveling in the 19000 block of W Avenue when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $6,000.
Jan. 20, 2023
- Austin Worthington, 26, of 2065 While Pole Road, Casey, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of driving while suspended.
- Shei Shoe of Des Moines was traveling in the 32000 block of Panther Creek Road when the vehicle slid into a ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $8,000, and damage a mailbox and garbage can at the scene was estimated at $100.
- Colleen Biegger of Clive was turning onto Nappa Valley Drive from Ute Avenue when her vehicle was struck from behind by a vehicle, driven by Dennis Young of Waukee. No injuries were reported. Damage to Biegger’s vehicle was estimated at $4,000, and damage to Young’s car was estimated at $3,000. Young was issued a citation for failure to stop in assured clear distance.
Jan. 21, 2023
- Jeremy Smith, 25, of 2423 Spencer St., Omaha, Nebraska, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
Jan. 22, 2023
- Steven Caldwell, 47, of 15742 Tanner Lane, Woodward, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order.
- Holly Russell, 38, of 322 Barton St., Dexter, was arrested for domestic abuse assault.
- Joshua Chapman of Redfield was traveling on First Street near River to River Road when his vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole. No injuries were reported. Damage to Chapman’s vehicle was estimated at $2,500, and damage to the utility pole and wiring was estimated at $5,000.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.