To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
June 10, 2021
- Taylor L. Brookes, 29, of 505 W. Lincoln Ave., Indianola, was cited and released for possession of drug paraphernalia and open container.
June 11, 2021
- Rho Sheek Pearson, 37, of 118 S.E. Fourth St., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of second-degree theft.
- Colten Wurr, 30, of 30245 Stagecoach Road, Coon Rapids, was arrested for driving while barred.
- Armando Jaimes Barrera, 34, of 3701 173rd Court, Lansing, Illinois, was arrested for first-offense OWI.
- Glenn Bennett of Lincoln, Nebraska, was traveling westbound on U.S. Interstate 80 near the 113 mile marker when he blew a tire and lost control of his tractor trailer, which entered the median and came to rest after hitting the cable barriers. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $20,000, and there was damage to approximately 10 cable barrier posts.
- Leora James of Bouton was traveling in the 23000 block of 128th Place when her vehicle entered the ditch, hitting some landscaping rocks and a mailbox. James was able to drive the vehicle out of the ditch and to her home, where she called an ambulance to be evaluated for soreness and a medical condition. The accident was reported to law enforcement by first responders. Damage was estimated at $1,000. She was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
June 12, 2021
- Melissa L. Huff, 41, of 615 Emma Ave., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of driving while license denied, suspended, cancelled or revoked.
- Vanessa J. Roddy, 36, of 10683 Loren Lane, Northglenn, Colorado, was arrested for open container and first-offense possession of a controlled substance.
- Matthew Lothringer of Converse, Texas, was traveling west on Iowa Highway 44 when he slowed and pulled into the turn lane to make a left turn onto W Avenue. Lothringer failed to yield to oncoming traffic when he turned and was struck by a vehicle, driven by Elaine Wilkerson of Minburn. No injuries were reported. Damage to Wilkerson’s vehicle was estimated at $5,000, and damage to Lothringer’s U-Haul vehicle and trailer was estimated at $2,500. Lothringer was issued a citation for failure to yield upon left turn.
June 13, 2021
- Caleb S. Humphrey, 36, of 1038 N.W. 10th Ave., Altoona, was arrested for child endangerment and issued a citation for speeding.
- Gregory T. Travis, 32, of 7500 Meadowlands Dr., Des Moines, was arrested for first-offense OWI, possession of a controlled substance and driving while license denied, suspended, cancelled or revoked. He was also issued a citation for speeding and failure to provide proof of financial liability.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.