To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
Sept. 30, 2021
- Norma Trester of Booneville was traveling in the 28000 block of 360th Street when she stopped to make a left turn and was struck from behind by a vehicle, Dennis Ziemann of Van Meter. No injuries were reported. Damage to Trester’s car was estimated at $2,000, and damage to Ziemann’s car was estimated at $2,500. Ziemann was issued a citation for following too closely.
Oct. 1, 2021
- Keylan Irvin of Des Moines was traveling in the 27000 block of 360th St when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
- Toyisha Steel of Cedar Rapids was traveling westbound in the 21000 block of Iowa Highway 141 when she attempted to pass a vehicle, driven by Patrick Johns of Perry, and a collision occurred. No injuries were reported. Damage to Steel’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000, and damage to Johns’ car was estimated at $2,000.
- Mark Rees of Adel was traveling eastbound on 250th Street at S Avenue when his vehicle collided with a vehicle, driven by Barak Fall Granger. No injuries were reported. Damage to each vehicle was estimated at $5,000. Fall was issued a citation for failure to yield to a vehicle on the right.
- William Nixon of Madrid was traveling in the 25000 block of 130th Street when he swerved to miss a deer, and his vehicle entered the ditch. Nixon sustained minor injuries but did not seek medical treatment but left the vehicle and had someone pick him up. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $35,000. Nixon was issued a citation for failure to maintain control and leaving the scene of an accident.
Oct. 2, 2021
- Ronald Meath of Des Moines was traveling in the 17000 block of Iowa Highway 17 when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $7,500.
- A vehicle belonging to Chloe Linn Des Moines was found crashed into the cable barriers on U.S. Interstate 80 near the 109 mile marker. Linn had reported the vehicle stolen and did not know how it got to that area. Damage was estimated at $7,000.
Oct. 3, 2021
- Greg Cupp, 33, of 1331 Davis St., Dexter, was arrested for domestic abuse assault.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.