June 21, 2019
- An officer responded to the 500 block of E. Clark Street for a suicidal subject.
- An officer responded to 220 N. Chestnut St. for an abandoned vehicle.
- As a result of a traffic stop at the intersection of 220th Street and M Avenue, Carlton Braxton of Des Moines was issued a citation for driving while suspended.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance on a medical call in the 1000 block of W. Washington Street.
- An officer responded to 204 W. Harrison St. for a criminal mischief complaint. It was reported that a juvenile intentionally scratched a vehicle in the parking lot. The officer is investigating.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance on a medical call in the 700 block of W. Washington Street.
- An officer responded to the 1900 block of N. Wilson Avenue for a suspicious vehicle.
- While conducting business checks, an officer located an open door at 1016 E. Lincoln Way.
- An officer responded to the intersection of W. Madison Street and S. Maple Street for a report of loud music.
June 22, 2019
- Jessica Crystal advised of a trespasser at 705 W. Sunset Drive.
- As a result of a traffic stop in the 600 block of U.S. Highway 30 East, Johnnie Phipps, 38, of Ames was found to be driving while barred. During the traffic stop, an officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The officer located a glass smoking device with suspected marijuana residue. During the search, the officer located an open container of alcohol in the vehicle as well. Phipps also had his 6-year-old son with him in the vehicle. As a result, Phipps was arrested on charges of child endangerment, third-offense possession of a controlled substance and driving while barred and was issued citations for open container and insufficient number of headlights.
- An officer responded to 400 N. Elm St. for an alarm.
- As a result of a traffic stop in the 300 block of W. Clark Street, Hunter Egdorf of Humbolt was arrested on a Humboldt County warrant for fourth-degree criminal mischief.
- An officer responded to the Greene County Medical Center for a report of a dog bite.
- Beth Vander Wilt reported a dog running at large.
- An officer responded to the area of W. State Street for an abandoned 911 call that mapped in that location. It was found later the location was west of the city limits of Jefferson.
- Benjamin Allen was arrested at 307 E. Lincoln Way on a Greene County warrant for second-degree theft.
- As a result of a traffic stop at the intersection of 220th Street and Wild Rose Lane, Zachary Gillies of Dubque was issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer responded to N. Grimmell Road just south of 220th Street for a vehicle that was parked in the travel portion of the roadway. An officer located the vehicle and spoke with the driver, who was identified as Ashley McManus of Ottumwa. The officer noticed McManus was showing signs of intoxication. McManus was arrested on a charge of first-offense OWI and issued citations for failure to carry registration card, failure to provide proof of financial liability and stopping on the paved part of a highway.
- An officer responded to the 400 block of E. Washington Street for a suicidal subject.
- Jefferson Police Officers responded to 237th Street and Kirkwood Avenue at the Raccoon River Bridge for a single-vehicle fatality accident involving one male. The Greene County Sheriff’s office, Greene County EMS and the Jefferson Fire Department assisted. The Iowa State Patrol is investigating the accident.
June 23, 2019
- Linda Ross reported two individuals ringing her doorbell at 800 W. Adams St.
- An officer responded to the intersection of 230th Street and Kirkwood Avenue for a single-vehicle accident. The officer spoke with the driver, Bryce Murano, 20, of Woodward. The officer noticed Murano was showing signs of intoxication. Murano was arrested on charges of first-offense OWI, failure to maintain control and possession of alcohol under legal age. A passenger in Murano’s vehicle, Breana Parkins, 20, of Pleasant Hill was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff’s office for possession of alcohol under legal age.
- As a result of a traffic stop at the intersection of N. Elm and W. Reed streets, Brenden Unker of Traer, Iowa, was issued a citation for excessive speed.
- As a result of a traffic stop at the intersection of N. Elm and W. Head streets, Kristal Miller of Carroll was issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer responded to 702 W. Mahlon Street for a verbal argument.
- An officer responded to 208 S. Pinet St. for a trespassing complaint.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.