November 26, 2019
- During a traffic stop with a speeding vehicle in the 500 block of N. Elm Street, an officer detected the odor of alcohol coming from the driver. The driver consented to performing Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and successfully passed the testing. The driver was allowed to go on his way with a verbal warning for the speed violation.
- A traffic stop in the 100 block of N. Cedar Street resulted in Martin Egemo of Des Moines being issued a citation for dark windows.
- Scott Dickens reported a trespasser and possible criminal mischief at his rental property at 108 1/2 S. Maple Street. An officer is investigating the report.
- A traffic stop in the 1700 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Stuart Cretsinger of Ankeny being issued a citation for dark windows.
- A traffic stop in the 1600 block of 235th Street resulted in Cruz Martinez of Texas being issued a citation for failure to have a valid license.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.