July 14, 2016
- An officer from the Jefferson Police Department called and requested an officer from the Perry Police Department “advise a female she needs to pay for the fuel at” a Jefferson retailer, “or charges could be filed.”
- A caller said someone was “refusing to give her back her driver’s license and Social Security card.” And officer responded and secured the return of the caller’s property.
- A caller said “someone had dumped a pallet and hand blades” in the dumpster of a local business. An officer responded and made “a couple of calls to see if her can find the party responsible.”
- A caller from a local storage company said “they have an attempted break in.” An officer responded and found “entry was gained to the storage unit.” An investigation was started.
- A caller reported a one-vehicle accident. An officer responded and found the “subject was an inexperienced driver and hit the accelerator instead of the brake, causing her to hit a tree.”
- A Perry Police Department officer was “approached by a female outside the police department that found a stray calico cat that was injured.” The officer transported the animal to the Perry Animal Holding Center.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.