July 18, 2016
- A caller “reported a very skinny horse.” An officer responded and communicated the information to the Boone County Sheriff’s office.
- A caller requested “a welfare check on a dialysis patient who did not show up for his appointment.” An officer responded and made contact with the dialysis patient.
- A caller said a dog was running at large. An officer responded but did not find the animal.
- A caller said her house “had the line to the air conditioning unit cut.” She said the residence was “not the house they live in but one they own.” An officer responded.
- Roger Dale McNeeley, 49, 20 Fulton Dr., Des Moines, 5417, was arrested on a charge of domestic abuse assault.
- A caller reported a dog running at large. “Officers were on an arrest at the time of the call,” and the caller was told “they would respond as soon as available.”
- A caller said she was “driving around and then noticed a person in a yard and as soon as she approached the area, the person in white took off running and tried hiding behind the bushes.” Officers responded and found “a white truck in the alley with the rear door standing wide open with tools indie the truck.” The owner of the truck was contacted, and he said he would “look through the truck when he gets home and see if anything is missing.”
- A Perry Police Department officer was “flagged down” and told by a subject who reported a “vehicle driving by his house eight or nine times very slowly. He thought this was suspicious.” The officer looked but did not find the suspicious vehicle.
July 19, 2016
- Jose Carmen Diaz-Corona, 54, 1214 30th St., Perry, was arrested on charges of driving while suspended, no insurance and no seatbelt.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.