May 31, 2016
- A caller said she found a stray cat with three kittens. She said she was “concerned for their health” and “didn’t know how to take care of them.” An officer responded and transported the animals to the Perry Animal Shelter.
- A caller said he saw “an elderly male” who was “driving a scooter” on a gravel road near Perry. An officer responded and alerted the Dallas County Sheriff’s office.
- A caller said his daughter was bitten by a neighbor’s dog. An officer responded, contacted the owner of the dog and asked to inspect the dog’s vaccination records. The owner of the dog “said when he gets home he will try to locate the paperwork.”
- A caller said she was at a local retail store when she saw a man who “appeared to be intoxicated” walk out of the store “about the same time she did.” An officer responded but did not find the intoxicated driver.
- A caller said a woman in a party of three across the street was “either yelling at the other two people or at someone on a phone.” An officer responded and found the party of three “had been arguing over Facebook and text messaging” a fourth party. The officer advised them to hold it down.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.