June 22, 2016
- A caller said she “received a friend request on Facebook from an old friend and accepted it.” She said she soon discovered “it was not her friend” but another person “whom she does not get along with.” She said the disagreeable person sent her “harassing messages,” and “she unfriended him but continues to get messages.” An officer responded.
- An Perry Police Department officer stood by while a man retrieved his belongings from his former residence.
- A caller said she “noticed a dog left in a car” outside a local retail store. She said she returned an hour later, and “the car is still parked in the same place with the dog inside.” An officer responded.
- An Perry Police Department officer stood by while a woman retrieved her belongings from her former residence.
- A caller said he found a debit card in the street. An officer responded and attempted to make contact with the owner of the card.
- Amhadari Tekle Esak, 30, 1414 Fifth St., #2, Perry, was arrested on a charge of serious assault.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.