March 12, 2016
- A man entered the offices of the Perry Police Department at 908 Willis Ave. A language barrier impeded communication. The man carried “a note written by a doctor reference work restrictions and pointed over to the work across the street.” The man said “his employer is not paying him for an injury he suffered while at work.” An officer responded and referred him to agents of the Iowa Workforce Development and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- A caller said two boys knocked on his door and said they were trying to raise money “for one of their brothers for cancer.” The caller said he believed it was a “scam.” An officer responded but was unable to find the juvenile fundraisers.
- A caller said a woman “lunged” in front of her vehicle as she drove past. The caller said the woman was “with a guy who kept walking.” The caller said she “did not stop and kept driving home.” An officer responded.
- A caller said someone paid for round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Jacksonville using credit card information stolen from her. She said “the return flight from Jacksonville was cancelled and was wondering if someone could get this guy at the airport before he would try to get away.” An officer responded and advised the caller.
- A caller said a man on a street corner “appeared to be intoxicated and had his hands all over the female” with him. The caller “would like an officer to check.” An officer responded.
- A caller said a woman was assaulted by an unknown assailant. The caller said “a guy came up and asked her for the phone number, and she gave him the old one.” At this he punched her in the face, the caller said. Officers responded.
- A caller said her boyfriend locked her out of the house and would not let her in. An officer responded and explained “that neither can kick each other out without going through the proper eviction process.”
March 13, 2016
- Valicity Marie Ray, 41, 312 N. Main St., Madrid, was arrested on charges of OWI and interference with official acts.
- A caller said a man of her acquaintance “has been knocking at the door for the past 30 minutes” and “won’t leave.” The caller said she “doesn’t want to go out there to talk to him because she is afraid he will want to stay there the night,” and she “does not want that.” An officer responded and told the male that “due to no one answering the door, perhaps no one is home, and he should leave.” The male left.
- Mackenzie Ann Flesch, 20, 1735 S.E. Olson Dr., Waukee, was arrested on a charge of underage possession of alcohol.
- Cody David Jimmerson, 20, 1409 S. 14th St., Adel, was arrested on a charge of underage possession of alcohol.
- Tyler Stephen Lesch, 20, 11774 N.W. 115th Ave., Granger, was arrested on a charge of underage possession of alcohol.
- A caller said a man “tapped on the window and told him he lost his wallet there.” The caller said he “went to get his gun and told the male he did not lose it here and told him to leave.” The man left.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.