May 3, 2016
- A caller said her phone was stolen while she was at the Perry High School prom. She said her date’s phone was also stolen. An officer responded and took a report.
- A caller said his bicycle was stolen from his patio Saturday night.
- A caller said a 40-inch television was stolen from the lobby of an apartment house in Perry.
- A case worker with the Iowa Department of Human Services reported a sex offense occurred. An officer responded and started an investigation.
- A caller said the neighbor “was beating her dog with a broom.” An officer responded. The neighbor denied beating the dog and showed the dog to the officer. The dog “appeared to be healthy.”
- A caller said she returned home and found her wallet, checkbook and prescription medications were missing. An officer responded.
- A caller said someone threw an egg at his residence and one hour later threw a rock at his residence and broke a window. An officer responded.
- A caller said she was walking home with her friends, and “a man dressed in black was staring at them.” An officer responded.
May 4, 2016
- A caller said a raccoon was drinking water at the curb in front of his house and “wasn’t acting right.” An officer responded and found the raccoon “did not appear aggressive” but looked “tired.”
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.