The ribbon was cut Wednesday on the Perry Rotary Club’s all-inclusive, adaptive-equipped playground in Wiese Park.
Rotary Club President Lynn Hanna was joined by some 20 fellow Rotarians and a large number of supporters from the community for the midday ceremony.
Rotarian Dirk Cavanaugh, who spearheaded fundraising for the $200,000 project, welcomed visitors and thanked the many donors to the project. Cavanaugh said the delay in the project caused by COVID-19 led to significant cost increases and necessitated additional fundraising.
The projects attracted grants and donations from:
- Wiese Foundation, Grant $105,000
- Bock Family Foundation, Grant $5,000
- Perry Iowa Rotary Club, Donation $10,000
- Rotary Foundation, Grant $4,000
- Dallas County Foundation, Grant $20,000
- 100+ People for Perry, Donation $4,600
- Osmundson Manufacturing, Donation $12,500
- Aureon, Grant $500
- Perry Hotel/Motel Tax, Grant $1,500
- Chevron Corporation, Match $1,500
- 21st Century Rehab, Donation $1,000
- T-Mobile, Grant $20,000
- Iowa Healthiest State 5210, Grant $5,000